Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Getting Dylusional!

  

 Last week my friend LuAnn and I got together for yet another exciting art play day! First we stopped in Hobby Lobby where I got my first Dylusions journal (with coupon in tow) to play in. I have heard SO many good things about Dyan Reavely's journals and the paper inside so I had to get one (the smaller one) and try it out myself. Then LuAnn and I fueled up with a delicious lunch at Panera (I forgot to take my camera) before heading to her place to get messy!


 LuAnn had acquired all of the new Dylusions paints along with some of the new stamps and stencils and we took this day to try them out!

 For my T Stands For Tuesday gang, that is my green tea on the table-SO glad it has a lid:):) Oh, and so happy to see some of you in the Summer of Color Challenge!


 And here we go...


                           OMG these paints are SO lush, and creamy and vibrant-wow!!!


   LuAnn chose to play with tags while I played in my journal. Aren't these great? All images are Dylusions stamps.

 I stamped a bunch of the images so that I could color and cut them out another time to use on my pages. We spent so much time playing with the paint colors that I didn't even finish a page!

 Here's one more spread I painted and stamped:


Thank you LuAnn for another FUN art day, and for generously sharing your home and all those new fabulous supplies with me!! Those paints are absolutely amazing and I will definitely have to add a few of my favorite colors to my stash!

 One last bit of inspiration in another of my journals was a quick and fun portrait (?) I painted after seeing this post and art by Susi for this month's theme at Art Journal Journey which is masculine/feminine. Danke Susi!!! Although mine isn't so good Susi inspired me to give it a try nonetheless.



And this is a photo I changed to black and white and cropped to use as a reference:


 Not one word from you Bill-I did give you a nice color of hair after all:):)

I'm also linking this to Art It Friday-Show Your Face hosted by Kim Dellow. Do check it out!

Another busy week for me but I'll be back to share my latest entry for Summer Of Color and Paint Party Friday later this week. Thanks so much for stopping in, for all your comments, and to my newest followers!

" Your attitude is like the mind's paintbrush. It can paint everything in bright, vibrant colors- creating a masterpiece."          John C. Maxwell










21 comments:

  1. Lovely work, glad you had a fun day. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! You have had such a fab time! I'm fairly turning green with envy, you know, that luscious lime shade!

    I envy you having a friend to play with.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda this day must have been fabulous! Great you could try out the new colors ..they must be super! Always so good to meet up with artsy friends and have art time together!
    The backgrounds look fab so far!!!
    I am honored that you were inspired by the hubby portrait I made ...
    your Picasso Bill is just great ***** Linda!!!
    Thank you for another super AJJ entry for this month's collection-
    I am looking forward to see what you share on Friday!
    Happy T-Day as well!

    oxo
    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea, to meet friends to play with art journals! I love your colourful pages and stamps, that is something I must look into, it is new to me. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal pages are pure sunshine on paper! It certainly looks like you had a most colourfun day. Many thanks for your lovely visit to Wee Man & I :D Happy T Day :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What could be more fun that shopping for supplies and making art? Adding good company and lunch! Beautiful pages and I like those best arrows you stamped. Nice tags by your friend. I haven't tried any of the dylusions products, but your descriptions make me want them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that quote about attitude and lovely bright colours too

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the colours and quote too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow those are vibrant colors...nice! I'd love to try some one day. Always fun to craft with others.
    Happy t day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had great fun :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creating with a friend is a recipe for a great day. Looks like you enjoyed your new supplies.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  12. I apologize for not being here sooner. I have had trouble with my internet today. Thought it was fixed, then it went out again and just came back a few minutes ago.

    Your fun day with LuAnn put a smile on my face, as did the lid on your green tea. Those images and that paint turned out gorgeous. Really bright and colorful with saturated colors. And of course, your new journal was just the place for it, it appears.

    Thanks for sharing your art day and tea with us for T this Tuesday. I look forward to seeing what you make for SOC, too. I bet it involves that new journal (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't the Dylusions journal great?! Love the colors of your journal pages....and I can picture those stamps added to the pages too...terrific work! happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks (and sounds) like you had a really fun play day! How do you actually like the Dylusions journal? Great pages and Picasso Bill came out very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE IT ALL!!!! ♥♥♥♥ Now I want to go out and spend a ton of money on new supplies and have fun. The granddaughters are here this week so I haven't even found time to write a Tuesday post... BUSY! BUSY! BUSY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun play date... you girls know how to have a good time!
    And what fun you had with husband's photo too.
    Susi certainly is inspiring isn't she.
    Happy T Day eventho it's Thursday :-)
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the lovely comments you left me (and the girls) Sorry it has taken me so long to return the visit.

    What a fantastic "play" date!!! The Dylusions paints look so pretty and bright, may have to give in and buy a few......*grin*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my Linda you had fun!!! What great pieces of art! Just love all the bright colors. I have a new supply i can't wait to try out.. but i can't find it in the stores...may have to purchase online... Distress Glaze.. its suppose to seal all those spray inks that are reactive to water ...Play, play play... :) Sorry for the late 'flyby' this week! Things are crazy around here ... again... ripping out sheetrock...uuughhh... :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your enthusiasm and sense of fun for creating art with your friend are so uplifting! I love the colours in your journal and I think your portrait is an excellent likeness of the photo! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you very much! That wonderful colors !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab, Fab, Fab! Picasso Bill is brilliant! Great work Linda. Love all the gorgeous colour pages and tags, so lovely. Looks like you have fun! Thank you for linking to Show Your Face and for the shout out too. Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!