Monday, June 29, 2015

All "T"hings Summer!

 Hard to believe July is almost here and in the US we will be celebrating our Independence Day on the 4th! Why does it seem that summer goes faster than any other season?

 I for one have been taking advantage by spending lots of time outdoors- in the morning watching the birds have their breakfast while I have mine, and in the evenings with a glass of wine, candles, and the fireflies flickering their light near the ground while the stars above flicker in the sky.

                                                    Coffee and homemade apple cake!

 This is for my T Stands For Tuesday gang over at Altered Book Lover hosted by Elizabeth and Bleubeard. And a very happy 2nd anniversary-thank you for being such a gracious and accommodating hostess!!

Edit: found out I'm a bit early-the anniversary is in 3 weeks! That Elizabeth is just too organized:)

 Also had to share with you -despite the awful photo- one of the little ones that wants to link up too:


the male ruby throated hummingbird having his morning nectar! I have been trying so hard to get some decent pics, but I only have a basic camera- and not just that, these guys are FAST! What a thrill to watch though. We have a pair and two young ones but they never come visit together.

 One of the NONE pleasurable things in summer is a summer cold!!! Hubby began with it and then I got it and boy, why do colds seem worse in summer?  Hopefully we haven't given it to anyone else around us. Not something you want to share.

 Made one card recently for the theme of "summer" at the Simon Monday Challenge Blog this week:


 I think the colors and imagery definitely say summer don't you?

 Products: white card stock, patterned papers, washi tape, scribbly bird image (Dina Wakley), black Archival ink, Peerless watercolors, Twinkling H2Os, silk flower, foam adhesive.

 Hmm, now to put on my thinking cap and start on this week's Summer of Color Challenge - the colors being red, red, and a metallic! Although we are at week 4 of 6 weeks in all anyone can join in anytime-and you should see the prize pkg. that's up for grabs to one lucky winner (randomly chosen) each week!! Do take a peek:) See you later this week with my entry.

" Each fairy breath of summer, as it blows with loveliness, inspires the blushing rose."  Unknown

21 comments:

  1. It looks like a very serene sight and I would probably want to spend time there, too. Sorry about your cold. I agree that summer colds are pretty devastating. Maybe they only seem worse because of the fevers that often accompany them.

    I actually started my SOC entry today by dyeing (what else is new?) a piece from a bed sheet. Got sidetracked, though when I went off to lunch and groceries, so I'll have to pick mine up again tomorrow. BTW, the anniversary is THREE WEEKS from today, which gives you time to make an ATC, if you so choose to participate.

    Thanks for sharing your lovely resting spot, your bird, and your gorgeous card (which I LOVE) with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card and lovely photo of this little hummingbird Linda and I would like to taste your apple cake!
    Happy T-Day!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can´t imagine living somewhere so exotic as to have hummingbirds in the garden! Lucky you! Your summer card is lovely, such light, fine colours. Hope your cold gets better. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty..... I love the colours on the bird.

    Lucky you having hummingbirds.... I've never seen one :( - so thanks for sharing :)

    We are in the middle of a heat wave.... storms forecast day after tomorrow..... it is lovely to spend time out in the garden.....especially with cake :)

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, summer colds are certainly the worst! I hope you both feel better soon. That is still an amazing photo of the hummingbird--they are really fast, and I've never been able to photograph one clearly either.

    Love the little summer card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been enjoying watching hummingbirds at both my neighbors and my in-laws. I haven't set up a feeder yet. We have so many birds right now with our berry tree I'd have to set up an air traffic control center. ;)
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wooden table ! It is so hard to get a decent Hummingbird shot...they are gone before you can focus :) Sweet card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy T day Linda!! I love your real bird and your birdie drawing....lovely both... Those little suckers are hard to catch and its not just the hummers... I've been trying to catch other birds at my feeders and birdbath too and those little suckers are FAST!

    I think summer colds are worst because your hot ... throw in a little humidity and your miserable.... Knock on wood i haven't had one of those in years... Hope you feel better soon. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't gotten a photo of our regularly-visiting hummingbird. You are right; they are _fast_! Your spot looks like the perfect place to enjoy nature and a cuppa :)

    Daisies definitely say summer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. twinkling stars...
    fireflies
    and "fairy breath of summer"
    ahh yes there is nothing like it ♥
    Our Sony cyber-shot camera has a setting that will click off a bunch of photos in a burst which is just perfect for action shots like your sweet hummer...they never cease to amaze me...one day I would so enjoy seeing a hummingbird nest
    Your summer card is very fresh and oh so lovely dear Linda.
    Here's wishing you a Happy T Day oxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy watching hummers but have never ever been able to capture one with my camera. Your Summer Theme card is lovely. I like the scribbled bird.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, very pretty summery card. My camera doesn't do anything fancy, either. But I think you caught him well. Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks and sounds like you are making the most of the summer weather. Shame about your cold. Love that you have a bird on a card as well as those lovely real birds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the little bird card for summer ~ so creative and sweet! Happy Fourth to you!

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you have a lovely garden.Your card is beautiful too. Happy t day🌸

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your Summer card! Yes it does say Summer - love the little bird. I am so jealous of your humming bird! Sorry to have brought a tear to your eye! It was our first time visiting Tours (although we did go to see my SIL in Poitiers 2 years ago ) They took us to a château near Tours this time too (there will be photos - so be prepared - grin!) Have a lovely weekend and belated happy T day! Chrisx




    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I'm so late there isn't even a crumb of apple cake left......LOL
    That spot would draw me in every time I needed time to sit and relax......beautiful.
    Thanks for the comment you left me

    ReplyDelete
  18. So blessed to enjoy the mornings and evenings outdoors with the birds - some of life's dearest pleasures for sure and your card captures the feeling so beautifully with Dina's sweet bird stamp embellished and painted so appropriately by you.
    I hope you are nearly over that awful cold!
    Hugs from here,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet summer bird you've created. I love the colors. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning pieces!Love your card and your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, isn't it lovely to watch the birds in summer, especially the baby birds having fun and exploring.
    Fascinating to see the humming bird, I don't know how you managed to get a picture at all, they are so fast.
    And your blue bird is really lovely, nice use of the patterned papers and washi tape.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!